October 14, 2007

Green & Gold

In honour of the Springboks's semi-final game in paris tonight, I am eating as much green and gold as I can lay my hands on. I'm dissapointed that France lost to the red Roses and I really hope tonight won't see the light-blue boys pulls the green asunder...

I have friends who ate the Kiwi's last weekend, when France beat New Zealand. They had a huge meal, consisting of all things black or fern-related, with Kiwi's for dessert. They wiped their mouthes with black serviettes and ate black olive tapenade and black pasta while their table was decorated with ferns... and it worked!

I have decided to try the opposite strategy for the Bokke today, as my French friend's plans of eating the English last night failed rather miserably, despite copious amounts of 'rosbif' consumed. Instead, I am going to eat green to add strength to our team. ( Also, light blue foods are hard to come by, unless we're talking candy floss!)

Thus I am proud to announce that by 10AM this morning (Paris time) I had already eaten a whole tub of green olives for breakfast. How's that for commitment? Lunch will be a green salad with egg thrown in for the gold and for dinner, I'm guessing I will have to get hold of some broccoli soup, regardless of what effect broccoli has on my constitution. I'm willing to see this as the sacrifice I must make for not knowing the rules of a game I only support once every four years.

(I even managed to slip in a quick mention of the Rugby in my France 24 weather bulletin for Africa today...tee-hee. www.france24.com - the English version)


UPDATE: Add golden bananas and crêpes with golden apricot jam to my list of foods for today. Yay! Crêpes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... that sounds like a fun idea! I unintentionally had some green and gold for lunch today also.. green beans and sweet carrots alla South African. (i'm in Italy and we usually have a rich pasta dish on sundays)

I too only support the game every 4 years lol... and I really hope they take the cup this year! It's definitely our turn this round.

Unfortunately i cannot watch tonight's game but ill say a prayer for them. I'll definitely be watching the final to support them though!

Good going on the olives and broccoli, happy digestion! :p haha....

Hollywoodgal said...

Well done, Nemo! And let's hope that colourful food and prayers from Italy do the trick tonight...
:-)

Goit Walemfrik said...

Looks like you crazy lot did the trick! SA went off like a cracker last night, people hooting and driving everywhere with flags flying out of their cars. I am fighting hard with a deep inner demon that wants to eat brussel sprouts to ensure the win ;)