April 09, 2008

Psycho call

Recently, I came home and found my mobile phone with four missed calls from the same number on it. Yes, I realise that ºmobileº indicates that I can take said phone with me wherever my own mobility takes me, but sometimes my brain forgets. Anyway, back to the four missed calls from the same number (did y'all get that part?).
I didn't have the number in my contacts list, so with a slight air of worry (a purple panic does not make for attractive story-telling) I called the number back.

ºRing, ringº

Tel answerer:
Psychiatric ward.

Me:
Uhm, hello. I see you called me...several times. Who am I connected to?

Tel Answerer:
Hospital XXX, psychiatric ward. Are you a patient?

Me:
Ahhh... not to my knowledge?

Tel Answerer:
Name?

Me:
Hollywoodgal

Tel Answerer:
Sorry, you are not in our database. When would you like your appointment?

Me:
Uhm, I wouldn't. I just saw that this number called my mobile phone four times, so I thought I should call back.

Tel Answerer:
Well... I certainly didn't call you.

Me:
Oh, okay then. Of course you didn't. Thanks. Good-bye.


I am still trying to work out if this is a subtle hint from the Universe to get on to heavy medication poste haste...??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was me, trying to get some help to escape, no worries though, managed on my own, made it across the mexican border, now to find away to cross it back, mexico not so great if you're not a tourist.

Hollywoodgal said...

Awww, sorry I was so slow to react, man! And turns out the grass in Texas is actually greener than in Mexico, huh? Aren't you getting married soon...??

Anonymous said...

Yes I might be, found a great gall, wine director at a fantastic Bistro here, so there's always wine or champagne flowing in my life. What more could I ask for. And closing on a townhouse. God, am I to be an American?