May 17, 2007

Viennese Big Cheese

I had another big-wig meeting today. The third of my career. I somehow manage to wangle an appointment with a very (read VERY) high-ranking industry professional and then....? Well, either I take high-ranking abuse, or I have an interesting meeting that took at least three weeks and hundreds of phone calls to set up, and when it's over, it's over. The people I see are too high up in the hierarchy to be involved with actors and casting - they have whole departments that do it for them! When you (in this case, me) get sent off to the casting people, you (in this case, I) can't get a decent meeting with them cos they're always casting and cancelling all my-boss-sent-a-random-person-I-don't-have-time-for meetings! And somewhere after the 96th cancelled appointment, you (in this case, me) give up.

For now, all I can say is that today's big cheese was a very kind, intently-listening cheese and I didn't take any abuse or ridicule. But I haven't had to deal with the production department yet...

You can overshoot your mark and come in way too high sometimes. Ask me, I know.

No comments: